Private Equity Case Study
A PE firm recently purchased a $35M platform company and, several months later, was struggling to get the needed results to drive expected revenues. This portfolio company had an internal asset that was used for both the sales and marketing functions, but this individual was unable to “move the needle”.
In the past, the PE firm would hire an agency to help with the marketing support, but this time turned to Empirical to both develop and execute a strategic marketing and sales plan.
Empirical assigned a lead CMO along with additional assets that included experience digital marketers, graphic designers, videographers and content writers. Once in place the Empirical team:
- Developed a comprehensive strategic plan (with input and alignment from the existing client sales team)
- Created concurrent content-driving workstreams that included:
- Written content development
- Video production and development
- Webinar and other value-added content for prospect and client engagement, plus lead generation
- SEO/PPC planning and execution and a comprehensive digital strategy
- Built KPIs and other metrics to measure results
Within 60 days of the start of the engagement, Empirical completed the discovery phase and developed a plan for all workstreams. By the end of 90 days, the Empirical team delivered needed sales collateral, improvement in content, plus kicked off the company’s webinar capabilities with an event that delivered 100+ new prospects and improvement in SEO.
By the end of the first year, the Empirical team had turned marketing into a true revenue generation engine, delivering new opportunities worth $5M+ in the first 12 months.