Industry: Industrial Services
The client, a leader in their industrial field with offices across the U.S., traditionally focused on events, conferences, and in-person sales activities. However, once COVID-19 hit, the company had to quickly change its overall strategy and move to online communications, an area where they had very limited experience.
The Empirical team worked with client management to develop both a short-term and longer-term online marketing strategy. In the short term, the client needed to take action and make sure the brand and its value were in front of clients and prospect as quickly as possible, and Empirical developed a webinar strategy and fully executed the logistics for the online events.
The Empirical team:
- Determined that the database need to be “cleaned” and segmented
- Developed and executed a webinar series
- Created a social media strategy with ongoing compelling content
- Updated the brand, brand standards, value proposition, and accompanying messaging
- Created sales collateral, online, and digital advertising elements
- Crafted COVID notices and both internal and external communications, detailing the corporate responses to the pandemic
- Ensured alignment of sales and marketing functions, with analytics and measurements
- Developed and implemented an SEO/PPC strategy
$1M in new orders came to the client after digital marketing efforts kicked in and the first webinar took place. $3M in potential new business entered the pipeline after three webinars and accompanying online marketing efforts ramped up.
“The Empirical team stepped right in when it became apparent we quickly needed an outsourced marketing department. They moved initiatives forward in the short term, while at the same time developing a longer-term strategic plan. Importantly, as the environment changed on a dime, Empirical was able to adapt and get things done for us efficiently and cost-effectively.”